JellyPages.com

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wedding plans in full swing....Now came the day I had been DREADING!!!!!!!

My daughter's wedding is fast approaching. It is a very exciting time for all of us. The wedding planning is so much fun. I went shopping with her several months ago for her wedding gown. It was just the two of us. It was such a special day. I have to say that watching her come out and show me each gown was a very emotional feeling. My little girl has grown up! How did this happen? She is getting married. I took lots of pictures of her in each gown. Front views, side views, back views.  Taking pictures, lots of pictures no matter what the event is just what I do. We were having a great time. Then it happened....out she came in THE DRESS!!!!!!! We both knew right away that it was the dress she was meant to wear. It was almost as if this dress was made especially for her. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We both felt good that we were able to find the dress and get it ordered. Other than the venue this was the most important thing on our list.


With time ticking away I knew this dreaded day would come. The day that I would have to actually go and try on Mother of the Bride dresses. On any given day I do not enjoy shopping. It is something that makes me feel so bad about myself. When I was not over weight I loved to go shopping for clothes. It was always fun. Being a Plus Size person does not offer you the best choices in clothes or styles. I have been very worried about what I would find for the wedding. I know that I did not want it to look tent like at all. I want the dress that I choose to be pretty. I want to feel comfortable wearing it. 


I have been very committed to trying to lose weight and get healthy. I have lost weight and size. I have taken several bags of clothes that no longer fit me because they are too big to The Goodwill. That is always a great feeling! Even though I am having success with my weight I was still very nervous about having to shop for a dress for the wedding. The other day we were looking at the calendar. With just 4 months left until the wedding we knew we had to make a final choice on the bridesmaid dresses and the girls would have to get them ordered and that I would have to find a Mother of the Bride Dress and get it ordered. So here it is...the day that I have been dreading. It has come up and hit me smack dab in the face. Oh well what could I do but just go with it. Tiffany, Holly and I made our way out to check out the Bridal Shops. Any day that I can spend time with any of my girls is always a good day. We walked into the Bridal Shop and looked at the Bridesmaid dresses and decided on the one that Tiffany had previously chosen. She ended up just deciding to go with a different color. Holly tried on a Junior Bridesmaid dress but they are just to small for her. We ended up going with the same dress as the rest of the girls but just adding a little something different. Now it was my turn......I asked about where I should look. The lady pointed me to the section dedicated to Mother of the Bride dresses. I looked and asked if they had a Plus Size section. I was told that there were a few mixed in with all the rest. I was thinking WHAT? A FEW!! I know for sure that I am not the only Mother of the Bride that wears a plus size. So off I went. Looking through each dress. Then it happened I saw a beautiful dress. I looked through each size. The largest one was still 2 sizes below what I am wearing. I took it off the rack anyways. Then I found another dress that was one size below what I was wearing. I thought what the heck I will try these. I put on the first dress and to my surprise it fit me pretty well with the exception that it didn't zip up all the way.  I had Holly come in and help me. Her expression was AWESOME! She said Oh my gosh Mommy this looks beautiful on you! I am not going to lie, that made me feel pretty good. When I came out to show Tiffany she smiled very big. She really loved it!  When  I looked at myself in the mirror I actually smiled. I kept looking at myself standing there. I kept thinking to myself " Wow I didn't think this was possible! It was 2 sizes smaller than  I am currently wearing!" I went back in and proceeded to try on the second dress, the one that was a larger size. It was a very nice looking dress on the hanger and this one fit me with the zipper all the way up but it looked very old fashioned. It didn't suit me. After trying the dresses on the lady at the store told me that I would be fine if I waited to order my dress in a few weeks. So that is my plan. I am going to go back in and place my order in a couple of weeks. I feel very excited about it. I was so happy that the experience was a good one and was totally different than I had anticipated. What a fun day we had!




The main thing that I am finding on my journey towards a healthier lifestyle is that things take time. Nothing happens over night. The body is such a wonderful thing.  It is ever changing. Sometimes the changes are not good but other times the changes are amazing. I feel very proud of what I am accomplishing with the changes I have been making.  I have read many times before that you didn't gain the weight overnight and you aren't going to lose the weight overnight. It is very true. Sometimes when we are working towards a goal we just want it to be accomplished already. That is just human nature. I am learning to embrace very, very small changes as if they are big ones. Change is change no matter what the size. If you are working on changing things, anything in your life these words are ones to keep in mind.


I have grown to love water. It is the main thing that I drink. I enjoy drinking tea as well. I am also a Ryan Gosling fan. This picture makes me smile. If you are familiar with the Hey Girl pictures and quotes this is just another one of them. 





i



With every day that passes we are enjoying more and more wedding preparations. It is hard to believe that in 4 months all of this planning will come to an end and the big day will have come and gone. I feel very good about the upcoming events because the thing that I had been dreading the most turned out to have a very nice outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment