JellyPages.com

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Getting a little extra help...It's a good thing..

Change.....Well I can say this for sure, change is not always easy. That goes for any change that you might encounter. It can be a small change or a big change. Change is change and everyone goes through things very differently. I figured I am committed to changing things in my life so that I can live a healthier lifestyle. Food is really just a part of that. As I told you before I need to add exercise in order to achieve better health. My trips to the gym started towards the end of March. I would go there and walk on the treadmill . I tried the eliptical machine and couldn't last more than 2 minutes on that thing! That was a very discouraging feeling. I noticed while I was there walking on the treadmill that there were several people working out with Personal Trainers. That is something that was intimidating to me. It is definitely something that I was not comfortable with. As I began to go into the gym a little bit more I began to get curious. I had a friend that worked in the sales office and I asked her about this one guy that I would see when I would go in. He would always say hi and comment on my Disney shirts. I had thought about just asking him a few questions to see if I might be able to learn a little bit more of the ins and outs of the gym and possibly what would be the best form of exercise for me. I ended up getting a phone call from Mark and he wanted me to come in and talk to him. I agreed. I ended up there on a Saturday morning. He walked me through a half hour work out. To be very honest with you I was pretty sure he was trying to kill me! After the work out we went into his office and talked. He asked me if I had any goals for myself. I told him that I did and we talked about them. He talked to me about the way in which having a Personal Trainer could help me reach my goals. I listened and thought about it and then decided that he was right. I knew that if I wanted to see some progress in myself, if I wanted to reach the goals that I had set for myself then I needed somebody to help me. I am not comfortable in the gym and know nothing about the benefits of the treadmill or the other machines in the gym. So I took a leap of faith and signed up that day. He told me that he was going to set me up with a great trainer. He assured me that the fit would be the perfect fit for me and my needs. So off I went on my way home. I'm not going to kid you I was more than a bit nervous about what I had just signed up for.





My very first session with my Personal Trainer was set up for Monday morning April 8th at 10:30. I really was not looking forward to it because I was very nervous and very sore from the session that I had with Mark a couple days prior to this. I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I arrived at the gym and went to the office where I met my Personal Trainer. His name is Chris. We spoke for a little bit prior to starting the work out. He asked me about myself and if I had any goals. I told him of 3 very specific and detailed goals that I had. He looked at me and confidently said " Awesome! We will get you there! " I had a good feeling about him right off the bat. We proceeded with our first session. I am not going to kid you it was HARD! My body used muscles it never knew it had. Chris spoke with me about the importance of cardio like the treadmill but also spoke of the importance of the other things he was going to have me working on. Things I never knew. I was feeling like I had made the right choice for myself asking for this extra help.





Once I got home from my first session with Chris I felt good. I felt sore but I felt good. I knew that I had put my foot forward to help myself achieve my goals and also help myself to a healthy lifestyle. I started a routine for myself of going to the gym. I am a list maker. I love lists. I love the feeling of having something to do on my list and then crossing it off once I have accomplished it. I made going to the gym a priority on my list. I knew that I had to do this so that I would start to feel better and see some progress for myself. At first it was HARD. It started to get a bit easier each day that I would go. I started to lose that uncomfortable feeling that I had at the beginning. Each week when I would meet Chris for my Personal Training session he would have me work on something new in addition to what we had worked on the week before. I always keep a positive attitude during training. Sometimes things are very hard for me. I am so out of shape. There are times that I can find myself thinking Oh my gosh this is impossible! I can not let those thoughts linger in my mind.

I knew very early on that Mark had chosen the perfect trainer for me. We had a few things in common one being my very favorite place on this entire planet, Disneyland. We talk about Disneyland often. When I am at the gym working out and it is not a day that I have a session if Chris is there and sees me he will come over and check in with me. If he doesn't have anyone he will always tell me that when I am finished with the treadmill I can come and he will work on other stuff with me. I think this is awesome! He does this on his own time because he just wants to help his clients out. Did I mention to you that he is awesome? Most days after I am at the gym I am so sore. As the day moves on into evening I can hardly move. This shows me as a daily reminder how out of shape that I am in. I am not expecting any miracle cures. It took me a long time to get into this shape and it feels awful. I know it is going to take me a LONG time to get out of this shape too.I try to remember this as I get up to walk up my stairs and have to move like I am an 85 year old woman. I just have to keep focused on the thought that with each day I will continue to take steps towards a healthier life.





I am feeling better with each day that passes. I am trying to stay focused on my 3 main goals. I keep them up front in my mind each and everyday. The goals that I am working towards will take hard work and dedication.I will talk more about my goals in another post. I know though that with each step that I take and with each little change that I make on a daily basis it will all lead me down the path to good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment