JellyPages.com

Friday, July 19, 2013

Fresh from my Garden Friday......

I thought it would be fun to share some recipes on my blog that my family enjoys. I know that I have been lucky enough to find very good recipes on other blogs. The recipe that I am going to share today is so EASY!!!!!!! If you like zucchini then this is the perfect recipe for you. I love having a garden. When I was growing up we would go up to Vancouver, Canada to visit our relatives. My Aunt and Uncle had this wonderful garden. It took up a large corner in their yard. For my sister and brother and I it was something really neat because we didn't have a garden. Now to be honest with you I do not recall everything that was in their garden but it was really neat. I knew that when I grew up that it is definitely something that I would like to have in my yard. Having a garden is a lot of work. My garden is relatively small. It takes a lot of time to tend to it but I find the rewards of fresh vegetables far out weigh the time and care that I have to put into it. Yesterday I came in with these beauties! I had already chopped some of my basil prior to taking this picture. My basil is actually inside on my kitchen counter. I love basil and how it tastes and smells.




  I knew with zucchini like this exactly what I was going to make for dinner. I made chicken parmesan and baked zucchini topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese. My kitchen smelled heavenly!! When I was growing up my Mom would always buy fresh parmesan cheese and we would grate it and keep it in the refrigerator. There is nothing like freshly grated parmesan cheese to top off your pasta. Yummy!








To make the baked zucchini I start by lining a cookie sheet with foil. This makes clean up easier. I don't use cooking spray. Several years ago my Mom got me a kitchen gadget called Misto. It is in the above picture on the right hand side. To fill it you use what ever your oil of choice is. Then prior to using it you pump the top up and down and then you spray. It's so simple. I LOVE MY MISTO! After I line the cookie sheet I spray the foil. I cut up my zucchini and lay it out all over the cookie sheet. Next I sprinkle lightly with Sea Salt. Once that is done then I top it all with my freshly grated parmesan cheese. I pop it into the oven and bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. That's it! I told you it was so easy. This is something that my family all enjoy. It is a great side dish to almost any meal.







  This is what it looks like when it comes out of the oven. With my wonderful zucchini coming in fresh from my garden we have been able to enjoy it on a regular basis.  I hope that you will give this simple recipe a try with your family. Let me know if you do and  how everyone liked it.

2 comments: