JellyPages.com

Monday, September 9, 2013

Feeling very thankful and also very blessed.....


When I first started this journey I kept it mainly to myself. My husband and girls knew what I was working towards but other than that not a single person. I explained my reason as to why I needed it to be that way. Since I started my blog and let others know of my journey I have received so much encouragement. I can not begin to express exactly what that means to me. When I started back at the gym I was nervous of everything. I did not want to be looked at by physically fit people in a negative way. I knew that the only way for me to work towards my goal was to be there doing what made me most uncomfortable. I quickly realized that I didn't care what anybody there might be thinking of me or my shape and size. I knew how I was feeling about myself, proud. It takes real commitment to do what I had embarked on. The way that I feel about the gym now is a totally different feeling than a few months ago. I do not find it a scary place. I am not uncomfortable there. I don't feel as if others are judging me. I feel good about being there. It is a part of my life 5 days a week now. 







I have been touched by so many different people. I have received so much encouragement. I get messages from people, likes on my facebook page and comments left on my blog. My friend Nancy leaves me encouraging messages and will even post fitness inspiration to my facebook page. I have known Nancy since we were in Kindergarten. She inspires me with her routine. She works hard. My Mom and Dad ask me all the time how things are going. They are very supportive. My Aunt will read my posts or my blog and always leave me an encouraging reply. I am also blessed by the support I have received from my friends. I have a group of friends that will ask me how things are going on a regular basis. There are no words to describe how much this support means to me. I appreciate it so much.


As I am getting ready for my first 5k I have mixed emotions. I am nervous and I am excited. To most people a 5k might not sound like a big deal but to me it is HUGE! I know full well that to many people 3.1 miles is nothing big. Easy peasy. To me I do not look at it that way. To me it may as well be 10 miles. My friend that participates in events a lot has told me many times that this is a big deal. She tells me often that she is proud of me. I recently had a Birthday. I turned 49 years old. I received a very special gift from a very special friend. I read the card and as I was reading it  I started to cry. She told me that she wanted me to know if she had not already had plans with a certain famous singer ( Justin Timberlake. She LOVES him ) that she would be there at the finish line cheering me on when I run my first Half Marathon in January at my very favorite place on this entire planet, Disneyland. She got me this beautiful necklace. It will remind me every single time that I wear it of the words she wrote in my card. I will definitely be wearing it in January so I can feel her there with me at the finish line. It is a gift that I will treasure always.




I just wanted to take this post and let everyone know just how much your encouragement means to me. I feel very lucky and very blessed to have so many people in my life that believe in me. It truly means the world to me.

4 comments:

  1. so cute!!! You can do it Teresa!!!! Love ya!!! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so proud of you! If I would have known before I got my concert tickets I would have changed my plans and got the tickets for his LA show...then I could have been there to cheer you on! And I would have been able to have a trip to one of my favorite places too! LOL Im so proud of you and know you will do amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete